Lakevilleweather.com is a project and production of Flight Line Books, LLC, a private Minnesota company. The website uses a variety of custom software and scripting, and owes credit to several organizations and members of both the professional weather community as well as amateur meterology enthustiasts and personal weather station owners and operators. Below is a list, not necesarilly exhaustive, of several contributors:
Our weather station data is compiled, logged, processed, and distributed with the aid of Cumulus (3.0.0-b3043) .
Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2 Wireless Weather Station and Integrated Sensor Suite
- Weather Station Console (receives data from sensors, processes, and displays data. Also contains barometer.)
- Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS):
- Includes rain collector/self-tipping rain bucket, temperature and humidity sensors, anemometer, and solar panel (the suite is solar-powered with a battery backup). Electronic components are housed in a weather-resistant shelter. Temp and humidity sensors are housed in a radiation shield to deflect effects of direct sunshine and reflected radiant heat from land surfaces. Data is transmitted wirelessly from the ISS to the station console in 1-3 second intervals. Wireless range is up to 1000' (300 m) outdoors, line of sight.
- NIST Certification
Standards for Sensor Equipment:
- Anemometer - ± 5% at 6, 12, 25, 40, and 75 mph; Additional Wind Speed Points ± 5%
- Barometer - ± 0.05" Hg (± 1.3 mm Hg, 1.7 mb, or 1.7 hPa)
- Outside Humidity: ± 3%
- Outside Temperature: ±1°F at 0, 40, and 80°F (±0.5°C at -18, 4, and 27° C); ±2° F at -40, -15, and 140°F (±1.0°C at -40, -26, and 60° C)
- Rain Collector/Self-tipping Bucket: ± 4% plus one tip (0.01")
USB Data Logger for Davis VP Stations
- Logs and transmitts data between Weather Station Console and PC
- USB Port Accessibility